Children’s orthopaedic surgery involves a wide range of conditions.
I see many children with concerns about their walking, feet or development. Many of these children are normal and do not require treatment.
The conditions that I treat most frequently are;
- Clubfoot (Congenital talipes equinovarus) treated by the Ponseti method
- Dislocated hip (Developmental Dysplasia of the hip / congenital dislocation of the hip)
- Perthes Disease of the hip
- Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis
- Leg length difference
- Limb deformity including the use of the Ilizarov and Taylor Spatial Frame
- Cerebral palsy
- Skeletal Dysplasia (different forms of Dwarfism)
- Charcot Marie Tooth Disease / Hereditary Sensory Motor Neuropathy
- Muscle Disorders eg muscular dystrophy, myopathy